Unless stated by you to the contrary, you acknowledge and consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information including your name, company or business name, address, email address and other information you provide to us, in circumstances that are:
- clearly explained to you at the time when the information is collected from you; or
- permitted under the Privacy Act.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We collect personal information that is necessary to enable us to carry our functions and activities. In the course of conducting our business, we may collect personal information from you including, but not limited to, your name, company or business name, address, telephone number, and email address, when you visit our website, enter a promotion, participate in a loyalty program or survey, subscribe to our mailing list, make a product/service enquiry or make an application for a trade account or access to online ordering.
Where practicable, we will make the purpose for which we collect personal information clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to our services or products.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Personal information that you submit to us may be used by us for the purpose for which it was collected (which will normally be obvious when we collect it) and for reasonably related business purposes. For example, we may store and process your personal information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. Your personal information may also be used for the following purposes:
- establish and maintain your relationship with The Distributors, including in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law) and providing you with information necessary to allow you to remain in contact with us
- trade activity and promotion purposes
- billing purposes
- purposes related to promotion, marketing and operations
- provide the products or services you have requested from The Distributors and keep a record of them
- answer your inquiry
- assist us to make our services and products more valuable or useful to you
- third parties who work with us in our business and provide, promote or improve the products, services or activities you have requested or are interested in, such as manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and delivery contractors, marketing consultants and promotions companies, website hosts and IT consultants and professional advisers such as management consultants, lawyers and accountants
For any of the above purposes we may contact you by electronic or other means.
We may disclose your personal information to members of The Distributors Group so they can conduct business with you and market their products and services to you. For example, if you order online from www.the-distributors.com.au we will need to share your information with your selected member of The Distributors Group for, but not limited to, order fulfilment and invoicing.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
From time to time your information may need to be disclosed to external parties, including third party contractors:
- to provide the service you have requested;
- to meet one of the purposes set out above (including purposes related to promotion, marketing and operations);
- if we have informed you of a particular third party to whom it will be disclosed, at the time of collection;
- if we have your consent to share the information; or
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
If you do not wish your information to be disclosed for those purposes, please let us know using the contact details set out below.
ACCESS, ACCURACY AND SECURITY
You can request access to the personal information that The Distributors hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant. We encourage you to help us by telling us immediately if you change your contact details (such as your phone number or address). After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will give you reasons for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will include a note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Any personal information we hold is stored in a secure server or secure files.
We note that the Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, The Distributors cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
We will not collect, use or disclose your sensitive information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act, which includes information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances it is permitted by the Privacy Act.
PRIVACY AND OUR WEB SITE
Each time you visit our web-site at www.the-distributors.com.au our server may collect some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server's IP address. We may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the site is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our web site performance.
- We use cookie information to track usage patterns and provide us with statistics to analyse and improve our website. Such information can be the number of users who visit our site, the date and time of visits, the number and type of pages viewed and navigation patterns.
- No personal information is stored in a cookie and the session is not accessible from the client.
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. For example, on Microsoft Internet Explorer you can disable or delete cookies by selecting "Tools/Internet Options". Please note that our Services and our website are designed to work with cookies and disable cookies may affect your usage of our Services or our website and may prevent you from taking full advantage of our Services. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers, except with third parties working with us to provide our services to you.
MORE ON PRIVACY
You can obtain further information about privacy in Australia and the protection of your personal information on the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site at www.privacy.gov.au
If you have any comments or questions relating to privacy, please contact us below:
Att: Privacy Officer
394 Lane Cove Rd, Macquarie Park NSW 2113
P: +61(2) 9886 0888
F: +61(2) 8252 0865